Monday, February 18, 2013

Famous Last Words

So in my last post I told how I was going to be on top of my house work so I would be ready for drop in company. Hahahahaha! Well, things did not go quite according to plan. Things got cleaned just not cleaned up. And on Saturday night, February 9, we had surprise company. We were invited to Jon and Frieda's for dinner along with the other FXBG girls and spouses. "So glad we could get you all out here at the same time", they said. "We've been wanting to do this for a while." Should have tipped us off. That along with Frieda asking me, quite casually, how far apart in age Olivia and Abigail are. We had a late dinner around 7, then us girls played a rousing game of Nerts (I need to work on my speed). Eventually the guys stirred themselves enough to get up from the dining room table and join us in the living room, where we sat around visiting for awhile. A little after 10, I heard a scream from Addie and looked up to see her running towards some people that had walked in the house. At first I just saw Curt and Jeanie's family and Maggie. "How fun", I thought, "she surprised her sisters." Then I saw that there were MORE people. Jimmy, Stephanie, Abigail, Brodie, Callie, and Carla. I was in a state of shock. :) So to make a long story short, we had Callie and Carla stay at our house Saturday and Sunday night. My house was not perfect, but it didn't really matter. I was a little embarrassed, but I got over it. I would do it again in a heartbeat. It's been fun having all of them out here at the same time and I'm so glad that they were able to do it. Many thanks to Jon, Frieda, and Caty for their part. More on our fun packed week later, but now it's time get ready to meet the girls for yogurt. :)

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I wondered where the girls were 3rd Sunday! It was a small 3rd Sunday! I love surprizes! I don't have a house but I totally agree with the whole make a list and git it done over the week instead of craming into one day at the last minute!

    ReplyDelete