Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Chore List

I hate chore lists. Actually, lets be honest - I hate chores period. But sometimes I find myself making lists just so that I know what to do next. I made myself a list not very long ago with different things to do every day, so that by the end of the week I would have a clean house. I was very faithful about following it for a week. My house looked amazing - at least I thought it did. I could have had drop in company and not been the least bit embarrassed. Even the kitchen was clean. The next week I'm not sure what happened. Life I guess. Then I was right back where I started. So my goal for this week is to go back to that list and at least try to follow it somewhat. Then maybe I won't feel so much like pulling out my hair at the end of the week. :) That's the goal. So far so good. I've made my bed 2 day in a row. Don't laugh at me (or gasp and say you could never live without making your bed first thing in the morning). I've also scrubbed my kitchen floor on my hands and knees, done some laundry, and dishes. Not too bad for a Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like me. I made one of those lists months ago...it's on my fridge and makes me look so organized and people comment on it. Only problem is, I NEVER follow it. Most days I just wish I had a smaller house to clean. Or at least one without so many stairs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I seem to ALWAYS wait until we're having company to clean. My main level gets cleaned every 2 weeks now because of the midwives, but the upstairs and basement get away from me frequently. :/

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I wish our main area, especially, was a little more open. Then maybe it wouldn't look so cluttered all the time. I feel like I'm always cleaning up some mess, only for it to be replaced with another one 2 minutes later. :)

      Delete