Monday, April 15, 2013

Hunter Liggett

The weekend of April 6 and 7th we went camping in Los Padres National Forest, aka Hunter Liggett. It was incredible in so many ways. Incredibly fun, incredibly relaxing (once we were there), incredibly beautiful, incredibly painful...
Our camp sight Sunday morning as we were packing up.
We got there Saturday morning around 10 and set up our camp sight. Then we went round saying "hi" to friends and checking out the baseball game that was in progress. I was very excited to see that Rachel was able to bring Gerritt down for the weekend. Not that I saw much of him - he was too busy hiking and having fun with his friends. After lunch we went down to the creek and let Olivia play in the water. Unfortunately the water wasn't high enough for us to use the sandy little pool that was there last year, but there was still a pretty good place for the kids to play around.

Ryan by the upper part of the pool that the kids played in last year.
Olivia. playing in the creek last  year at Hunter Liggett.
Mel and Brenda joined us down there with Lindsay, Corinne, and Claire, but by the time more kids started coming down, Olivia was ready to go back to camp for a nap. A relaxing afternoon, Ryan cooking a dinner of patty melts, and then changing into warmer clothes for the cold evening ahead. That's when I decided I would lay down for a few minutes before it was time to sing around the campfire. I still don't know if it was a good thing to do or a bad thing. I hadn't really felt the baby move all day because we had been so busy, so I thought laying down would help me relax and feel the baby move and give me peace of mind. But once I layed down I realized just how much the day had taken it's toll. I was so achy! I ended up not going and singing at all, but just stayed in the tent. Ryan checked on me every once in while, just to make sure I was ok. By morning I felt like I had huge bruises on each hip, but once I started moving around I felt better. Olivia was a super camper. She slept in bed with us and only woke up when she needed her paci. After breakfast, I helped Ryan pack up the bedding and suitcases, then I sat in a chair and people watched. We were camped across the road from Greg and Tamee. Luke was over there visiting Wyatt and they decided to play a game of tug-of-war. Wyatt wasn't too sure about that game.
Olivia had fun entertaining herself for a while, then went over and payed with Wyatt and Luke.


Not too sure what she's doing right here. I think she was using the tablecloth for a baby bed.

After meeting we ate lunch and went home. Olivia had her nap in the car, so by the time we got home she was ready to play. The rest of the day was spent cleaning up the house, Ryan doing yard work and playing with Olivia.
Olivia in her butterfly swimsuit.
    This Hunter Liggett was completely different from any other that I've been to. It was fun, but I feel like I hardly saw anyone. And of course next year we'll have 2 kids instead of one. ;) That should be interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh camping with kids is a totally different sort of camping. Gone are the days of swimming all day and sleeping all night. BUT you get the joy of your children having fun. We also enjoyed our campout!

    ReplyDelete