Thursday, May 16, 2013

Projects

A before picture of our mess of a computer "desk".

 We've been slowly checking things off of what seemed to be an endless list of projects to get done before the baby is born. The computer cabinet now sits in the living room where the bookcase used to be.
The computer cabinet - doors removed and ready to be painted.







I will have to post "after" pictures of the living room later. I thought I had taken some, but I guess I didn't.

The living room before we rearranged.










The front bedroom is painted an off white/cream color and the only thing left of Olivia's to get moved in there is her bed.

Olivia's new room.
 She seems to take after me when it comes to change - takes her a while to get used to it. When we were rearranging the living room, I went into the laundry room to do something and Olivia freaked out. "Mama, Mama, wheah aw you?" It didn't matter that Ryan was standing in the living room right beside her. And when the front room was being painted, we told her, "Look! This is your new room!" She looked a little perplexed. She was probably trying to figure out how she was supposed to sleep in there with it being such a mess. So while all of her toys and clothes are in her new room, we decided to give her a week to get used to the idea of it being her room. So far she seems to like it. And I LOVE having a "play room". I don't feel like I'm constantly having to clean up her toys. And since her bed isn't in there yet, it doesn't even have to be cleaned up before she goes to bed! We still have to get the baby room ready. The baby will be in our room for a little bit, so we're going to put the guest bed in there for a while so Mom can use it while she's here (and whoever else comes to visit us this summer - hint, hint). I need to go through baby clothes and pick a few cute outfits - boy and girl - to take with us to the hospital. Luckily a lot of people thought Olivia was going to be a boy, so I got a few really cute boy clothes at my shower. Plus I have a lot of Brandon's hand-me-downs to tide me over til I can go shopping. I still go back and forth as to what I feel like I'm having. I feel, and people have told me, that I look like I'm carrying differently this time. And the truth of the matter is I am. Olivia was breach until about 38 weeks, and this baby is already head down. Besides the fact that all my muscles are stretched from Olivia, so I'm carrying lower. But, of course, that all means absolutely nothing. Well, this is quite the rambling post. And now Olivia is up from her nap. So long for now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay.....it's getting so close! I'm so excited about my new niece or nephew!!! It's so funny, you know I thought I was having a boy with Arden, because that's just how I felt, and what everyone else thought too... but I had a girl. And then carrying Thayer everything felt EXACTLY the same. And I thought it was another girl. But no. LOL! Guess it has nothing to do with how I carried! I hope you're feeling good and getting lots of rest (ha. ha.)! Two is much more challenging than one, but is very doable and rewarding! It just is taking more "figuring out" (how to handle two crying babies at once, keeping a busy toddler happy and out of danger while carrying/feeding/handling a newborn too) than the first time. I know you'll rock it, though! The rearrangement looks fun! I did some rearranging but Arden is still in her room as of now. Hoping we can move before Thayer needs his own room so we can just make one big adjustment for each of them, rather than two!

    ReplyDelete